☀️😎 Breakfast lovers, jazz up your mornings with this Meal Prep Breakfast Taco Scramble, made with potatoes, turkey taco meat, scrambled eggs and salsa (perfect to make ahead for breakfast for the week! 🍳
Yield: 4 servings,
Serving Size: 1/4
8 large eggs, beaten
1/4 teaspoon adobo seasoning salt
1/2 cup reduced fat Mexican blend shredded cheese (omit for whole30)
1 lb 99% lean ground turkey
2 tablespoons taco seasoning (or see below for homemade)
1/2 small onion, minced
2 tbsp bell pepper, minced
4 oz can tomato sauce
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup chopped scallions or cilantro, for topping
salsa, for serving
FOR THE POTATOES:
12 (1 lb) baby gold or red potatoes, quartered
4 tsp olive oil
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
fresh black pepper, to taste
For homemade taco seasoning:
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp oregano
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, season with seasoning salt and add the cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Spray a 9 x 12 or large oval casserole dish with oil.
- Add the potatoes 1 tablespoon oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, garlic powder and black pepper and toss.
- Bake until tender, tossing every 15 minutes, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, brown turkey in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking up while it cooks. When no longer pink add the spices and mix well.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, tomato sauce and water. Stir and cover, simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Spray another skillet with nonstick spray, add the eggs, 1/4 tsp salt and scramble, cook until just set, ~ 2-3 minutes.
- To serve place 3/4 cup turkey and 2/3 cup eggs in each plate or bowl, divide the potatoes and top each with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese, scallions or cilantro and serve with salsa on the side.
#healthyeating #delicious #healthylifestyle #healthyliving #yummy #breakfast #foodie #food #fitness #fit #mealplan #mealprep #foodprep #how2mealprep